Saturday, January 19, 2008

Health Care

Many, many years ago the news would write about how much better our health care was than Canada and England. Reports were made of the many Canadians who would come to America for operations because the wait was so very long in their country.

In the last few years the news is reporting just the oposite. I find that very interesting. How did that change in those years of reporting? What did they do to decrease the wait time? Or did they?

I read a blog from a lovely lady that lives in England. She has such a load on her, physically and emotionally.

She's helping to care for her daughter who needs an operation. The daughter is in a lot of pain and has made several trips to the emergency room. The problem is.......they can't operate unless someone cancels (I think that means "pass away") so she has a five month wait.

Thats all I have to say on this matter because I have no answers. I just don't want things to get any worse than they already are.


No comments: