Monday, November 10, 2008

Cross Stitch

Last Christmas I found hand made cross stitch Christmas cards on e-bay and thought what a novel idea. Since then I've looked here and there for the right size card stock but haven't found it yet.

Since it's November, already, I thought I should get busy and make do with what I could find locally. This is going to be interesting and I have no idea how it's going to turn out. I may end up with a mess or they may turn out ok. I'll be happy with ok cause I have no idea what I'm doing, lol.

To begin I started out with a small piece of 18 count Aida fabric.



To keep the edges from raveling I blanket stitched the edges. Everytime I use my blanket stitch I remember taking the mandatory sewing class and thinking I would never use ANY of the skills learned here. That's a kid for you, lol.



This is as far as I've gotten on the actual stitching. Its all going much faster than I anticipated and the more I get into it the more I think it just may turn out well :)



I anticipate the hardest part is going to be cutting the hole in the card for the stitchery. I've never did this before nor do I know anyone who has so I'm on my own on this project.

My girls are in Florida for their birthday. It's 80 degrees and they spent today at the beach. It's in the 30's here and rainy. I believe I heard them laughing on the phone!

xo

1 comment:

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

I can't wait to see your finished cards! Hope all is well with you my Kansas friend!

Hugs,
Kay