Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Raising Peas


I decided I wanted a raised garden. A garden with the minimum amount of physical labor. A raised garden that would not deteriorate over time. A garden high enough I would not have to bend over.....much. In other words I needed an age related garden. I know there are a huge number of people much older than I that have no trouble working a regular garden........I'm just not one of them, bummer :)

This is how I came up with the idea of using old, worn out tires. And look at my first project.......peas! It's working!





Now I've got to go find more old, worn out tires!
*
Have a blessed day :)
*
*
xo
*
*

2 comments:

Mema said...

Wow, at least you can eat peas. I don't think you can eat my garden, what there is of it. :) Lots of luck.

I believe summer is here now.

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

Look at you Miss Gardener! What a great idea to use a tire. You've inspired me. Everyone loves deer but if you have a garden you soon start to dislike them immensely! They eat everything. Hope they'll leave your little tree along.

Love!