Monday, August 16, 2010

Jet Dry vs Vinegar

Some time ago I decided to go homemade and whipped up some laundry soap. Awesome stuff! I am absolute in love with it. Clothes are softer, smell good, makes two gallons in about 10 minutes and minus all the additives you can't pronounce. I made 14 gallons for about $15.00.

This turned out so well I thought I would try the home made dishwasher soap. Sadly that didn't work out.

Lately I've been contemplating using Vinegar in the dishwasher rinse cycle. I keep crossing tracks with those who use it and love it. I ran out of Jet-Dry today and thought I would check out the ingredients and what do I find...."contains nonionic surfactant---Wash hands immediately after use".

Whoa Nellie! Do you wash your hands immediately after filling your rinse container? Just what is "nonionic surfactant"?

Perhaps I should do more than just contemplate changing to vinegar.

xo

1 comment:

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

Hi Sweetie!

Haven't visited in a long while. Glad to see you're still posting. I use white vinegar in the rinse dispenser all the time. It works great. Need to get busy and make my own laundry detergent too.

Love and hugs,
Kay