Friday, August 24, 2007

Do you really want to know?

I wonder to the truth of that question. When Melissa became ill we wanted an answer, and Melissa certainly did, but do others REALLY want to know for themselves?

Melissa was finally diagnosed and after she passed I found my way to a medical news site where people signed up and were looking for answers. It's more of a post type site and I read post after post after post of people who were ill and did not know what was wrong. Their doctors did not know and they wanted answers. That was the theme over and over again. As I read the posts I was surprised to find that almost every one of them were experiencing what I saw in Melissa. The continuing theme was "I want to know what is wrong with me and the doctor isn't listening" or "the doctor doesn't know".

I took a leap and answered one post that had so many of Melissa's symptoms. No response. I waited and waited and waited. No response. So I made my own post. I thought if they really wanted to know check this one out. I thought I would get at least one response but no, I didn't. I waited and waited and waited.

So, it comes down to this..........do you REALLY want to know????

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. .......for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:29

Have a Blessed day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please look @ my comment under missy's picture!

jackie said...

mom, tricia commented under missy's picture...as well as i did....
"Do you really want to know?" you are frustrated with this...i feel. and understandably so...when loved ones are ill and you are looking for answers from doctors and they don't know...it is very frustrating...i think your posting will help somebody,somewhere,who really want to know....loving you so much in your effort to reach out in memory of missy!