Sunday, October 14, 2007

It's Raining....Again!

Tomorrow is trash day so I gather up the last of the trash and take the container to the curb for pick up tomorrow. Just as I'm doing this the rain comes pouring down! I barely make it into the house before getting totally drenched.

It's raining so hard I can barely see across the street. I hear the rain pounding on the roof! The gutters can hardly contain the water it's coming down so fast.

For as long as I can remember I have loved rainy days. The only time I didn't was in the early 50's and it rained for 30 days without stopping. Needless to say there was major flooding. We lived high up on a hill so we were spared but we could look down and see the flood. Water as far as the eye could see.

We had to go somewhere, I think it was the fire station, to get buckets of water, then boil it for use. And the shots we had to take....they were the most painful shots I've ever had in my life. Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Tonight I shall enjoy the rain and the music it makes! This is great sleeping weather!

Have a great day tomorrow and God bless!

No comments: