Monday, January 21, 2008

Woodpeckers

I just glanced out my window and what do I see? A Woodpecker! I thought they flew south for the winter. Evidently not.

He’s on the side of the suet container just pecking his heart out. That must be some pretty tasty stuff there!

What a beautiful fella. I’ve seen Woodpeckers in the summer but never in the winter or this close. Unfortunately he’s too far away to get a good picture on my camera.

Woodpeckers are irritating in the summer time. They like to get on the gutters and peck like there’s no tomorrow. The gutters are metal….so what’s the point? They want humans up at the ungodly hour of 5am.

It’s a good thing I love Woodpeckers, if you know what I mean.

1 comment:

Rising Rainbow said...

We have woodpeckers here year round. Not sure why, just know I can hear them in the trees and sometimes I spy them on one of my fence posts!