Friday, February 20, 2009

The Growing Challenge

*
*
While cruising the blogosphere I found this site. Since I decided I would give gardening a try agan I put my name on their growing list of members. It's free and not only will it be fun it will be educational. I've always been the "poke a hole and insert seed" type. I've had great luck everywhere but here, where I now live.
*
You see, we have deer. Lots and lots of deer. Whole herds of deer that wander the neighborhood looking for anything editable. Flowers included. If my yard was fenced I'd just leave trusty Miss C in charge of the garden. She loves to chase deer. She loves keeping every dog, cat, rabbit, and human out of her yard. She's a great dog!
*
At the end of my yard I want to plant dwarf fruit trees. Apple, pear, peach, and plum (an old neighbor of mine had a plum tree that produced the best plums I have ever eaten. When ripe they were almost black, they were so dark. Anyone know what kind that might have been so I can get one of my own?). I've been looking for dwarf fruit trees on line and in various seed catalogs.
*
As for my garden, I love peas! It's February already so I need to check to see if it's too late to start my seeds. If I recall correctly they need to be planted in early spring. Early spring...just when does "early spring" start? When the ground isn't frozen or when the ground warms up or is it a month? Geez, I can't remember cause I never do the peas in time, whatever time that is, lol!
*
The weekend is upon us, my friends, make it a good one!
*
And may God bless America, each and every one of us!!
*
xo
*
*

The Animal Rescue Site

*

No comments: