Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday

The weather is warming up, thank goodness. The snow has vanished except for a small spot here and there. The birds have congregated in my pine tree and the squirrels are running to and fro.

Suzanne at Chickens in the Road (if you like the story of a city girl going back to her family's country roots then this is the spot for you.) posted a receipe to make your own bird suet.
While at the grocery store I had picked one up for the birds. Even in the cold, with snow, and you know they were hungry, they wouldn't eat it.

That's when I decided I would try making my own. I had a partial box of raisin bran that I added to mine instead of old bread (of which I had none). It was a fun and easy project. After two hours in the freezer I cut the first pan of suet and put it outside. The birds loved it......

Kids would love doing this......

Time to go out and refill the empty containers!

xo

Remember our four legged friends who have no voice. It's free food for them and only three or four seconds out of your time. Thanks!

The Animal Rescue Site

No comments: