Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Is it Spring yet?

That's the question my peonies are asking.
*
Since they poked their little heads out of the ground it's sleeted, snowed, iced, and rained. The temperature has fluctuated from 70 to 17 degrees. Ouch!

And yet they just keep on growing!





These pretty babies are growing between the driveways. An area that is so problematic that I've almost taken my brother's advice and plowed it under. But then I would lose my beloved peonies.

This picture does not really show just how steep it is. So steep I can't mow it. That's why I planted all the peonies. And had they all lived this little hill would have been covered in peonies.





Instead.....this area will be totally covered with these delicate little beauties.







*
So, you might ask, just what is the problem. The peonies are in full bloom the last week of May....these lovely beauties cover the whole area with a green and purple blanket, there's nothing but beauty........for about a month.
*


Then.....the purple flowers fade away, the peonies start fading and the weeds start up and before you can blink they've taken over.
*


But not this year! I'm going to be queen of this hill! The weeds are doomed before they raise their stinking head! I'm going to wipe them out!
*


Hello pretty little hill!!
*
*



xo

No comments: