Saturday, May 16, 2009

Before The Storm


We had another big storm coming our way yesterday so I thought I would take some pictures of my little garden before it hit. Just in case I needed to remind myself what it looked like......

You know....... before the heavy rain..... and before the hail..... and before the tornado that might or might not hit. You know.....all that fun stuff :)

This is my tire loaded with my pea plants. No peas........no buds......just plants. I planted them 2 inches apart, just like the directions said. Perhaps I should have spaced them a little farther apart but heck.......I planted them in the wrong kind of soil so it shouldn't matter much.




This is one of my tomato plants. I don't think it cares much for it's home. Not the right kind of soil.....don't ya know.




These are my pepper plants. They appear to like their new home :)




Say hello to my garlic plants! They were planted in the wrong soil also and since I've never had garlic plants before I'm not sure if they like their new home or not. Looks like I need to do a little weeding there, lol.



My stick of an Apple tree is making a come back! (The deer had taken a big bite off the top and left only one tiny bud.)

Those are my "just in case pictures" I took yesterday.


This afternoon I took my trusty little camera out to see how my garden withstood the onslaught of rain we had yesterday.
LOOK what I found! A bud.....on a pea plant! I can hardly believe it! I'm holding my breath! Can it be??






AND check out my Apple tree! There's lots of new leaves since yesterday! I can hardly believe it :)



AH! The joys of gardening......
xo




2 comments:

James Shott said...

Hi, Darlene. Glad you garden thrived during the storm. Seems even if your plants don't like the soil, they like bad weather.

We had tornado warnings here last week. VERY unusual. I've lived here most of my life and there's never been a tornado within many miles.

Lots of rain has really made the grass grow.

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

I love your little garden! The peas are doing great. Soon you'll have some to eat. I'm glad that you didn't get a bad storm. I saw on The Weather Channel where KS was in the middle of horrible weather last week.

Hugs,
Kay