Friday, July 3, 2009

New makes a huge difference

I replaced my Maytag refrigerator this week. Not because I wanted to but because I had to. It was ten years old and stopped working properly at five. For some unknown reason every time I buy a Maytag of anything it breaks down at year five. I've made some expensive repairs which didn't repair anything so I've babied it along these last five years.

Actually I thought very little about the problems......I just worked around them. I think we all do that with things we don't want to replace. Now that the new one is in and working the way all frigs should I realize what poor shape the Maytag was in.

The delivery men were very nice and in a round about way did me a big favor. I've been wanting a different type of storm door but since the one I have (which is all glass) has nothing wrong with it I've never made the change. While taking out the old and in with the new.......they damaged this door beyond repair. So now I'm thinking.........get the door you've been wanting all these years :)

The old furnace was replace the day after the frig and what a huge difference it's making! The temp is set and it rarely comes on. The new thermostat is programable.......and after seeing the look on my face the installer totally programed it for me :) Isn't today's technology grand, lol.

It's taken some time to get all this done but it has definitely been worth it.

Have a safe and happy Independence Day!

xo





No comments: