Monday, July 19, 2010

A different lifestyle

I started out looking for information on cast iron cookware. I'm getting away from my teflon coated cookware......since the teflon is coming off into our food. So instead of replacing nonstick with more nonstick I'm looking for great buys on cast iron. Cast iron......the cookware that can be handed down for generations......it never wears out. Ever tasted chicken that was fried in an iron skillet? Or bacon and eggs?

I'm not going to say how many hours I've been sitting here, reading....and reading.....and reading some more. I've learned a litle, joined a group that knows about cast iron and, hopefully, I'll learn a lot from them. My goal........to know all there is to know about cast iron cooking.

I don't know how it happens but I always end up way off topic when I do this sort of thing.
During my search I found
THIS SITE and wanted to share it with you. I think you will enjoy this as much as I did. It has nothing to do with cast iron cookware and everything to do with how different people are......in a good way, that is!

Have a blessed week, my friends!

xo


P.S. If you have anything you'd like to share about cast iron cooking I would love to hear it! I'm a know nothing....really!

2 comments:

Nancie said...

Hi Darlene,

Thanks for visiting me and your kind words of encouragements. It is always so good to hear from you. Yes, thank God that I am better. Glad you like the 2 poems. May God use them to encourage you daily. Thanks for sharing the link. You have a blessed day too!

Warm regards,
Nancie

greenturtle said...

I love cast iron. I'm the one with the blog that I believe you visited, http://ramblingsoncastiron.blogspot.com

Once you start, you'll never go back. I promptly hauled my teflon and thin aluminum to goodwill once I realized how great it was.

I cook almost exclusively in cast iron, a couple of exceptions, but there's VERY little you can't cook in it.

And it's not just for grandmas either-- I'm in my 30's, although those who have been around the block a few times know that cast iron is the best around.

The beauty is, it can be used on the stove AND in the oven. So you can not only fry and braise, but also bake and roast.

You'll need to use a slightly lower heat setting because cast iron retains heat and gets hot.