Friday, September 21, 2007

My Good Friend

Thursday was an absolute fun day. My friend, Barb, is home this week on vacation. She works at the local college and decided she needed some well deserved time off. Barb bought a house recently so she's busy getting things in order and painting the walls.

She paints in the morning and sews in the afternoon. I stopped by late morning to admire all that she's got done. Barb is extremely talented. Not only does she sew her own clothes but she knits her own sweaters and anything else that comes to mind. She also makes her own jewelry. She makes quilts, does cross stitch, well the list just goes on.

I wanted to take her picture but she refused. She had just finished painting and didn't want any part of pictures! So I did the next best thing. I took a picture of her new car! Isn't it a beauty :) And its my favorite color!



If I were able to work I would have been right beside her signing on my own dotted line :)
The monthly payments are a little bit of nothing and she can trade into a new one every year if she wants. The only stipulation is you can only drive 15,000 miles in a year. Neither of us drives anywhere near that so it's not an issue. Listen to me, you'd think I was buying it LOL.

We got all caught up on the latest news, walked around the yard and saw all the new stuff there and what's planned for the future. So much fun :) Got lots of ideas for my house and my yard but that's another story in itself.

It was late afternoon when I left so I drove on down to my favorite sandwich place and yes, I got my favorite sandwich :) I've been really bad this week, first the pizza, then the sandwich :), you see all the smiles!!

I hope your day was as good as mine.

No comments: